Heather and Michelle
Festival Season kicks off in Houston with Free Press Summer Fest! It was a fun weekend filled with music, lounging, cocktails and dancing. Some of my favorite shows: X Ambassadors, Matt & Kim, Zeds Dead and College Grove. VIP was a great place to cool off with the AC tents, escape from the sporadic rain and just lounge with friends!
Ran into Jonathan at B19
Free Press Lounging with Tom and Michelle
Rain, Sunshine and Rainbows
We celebrated Ellen's 11th Birthday at The Chocolate Bar. You create your own chocolate bar...customizing it from the type of chocolate to all of the toppings.
My Creation...Lots of NUTS!
Happy Birthday Ellen!
When it gets hot in Houston it's time to freeze yourself! Tried Cryotherapy for the first time. Preparation: go in a room separate from the chamber, take all your clothes off, put socks, slippers, gloves and a robe on and then go into the Cryo Room where the administrator provides a brief overview and of course answers my million questions.
Ready...Set...
Step into the chamber, robe off and get ready to be the coldest you've ever been in your entire life and I grew up skiing in Northern Michigan...this is way colder! 3 minutes of liquid nitrogen cooled air at -200 F felt like 3 hours! My teeth were literally chattering as I was making conversation with the girl controlling the chamber and ensuring I didn't freeze to death.
FREEZE!!
I would definitely do it again! Some of the health benefits it boasts is decreased inflammation, soreness, increased collagen production and accelerated metabolism along with others. I did feel skinnier when I left but I'm sure it's because my body was still frozen and shrunken! I would definitely recommend trying it once to see what you think.
Pool season is also here and with temps above 90 for the next 4 months being outside is tough unless you are at the pool.
More to come from travels to Michigan and Chicago next month!
Follow Me on Instagram @grobaskimsu

No comments:
Post a Comment